Additive Manufacturing Technician (Polymers)
£25,000 to £30,000 per year
Part of a large group, this specialist in Additive Manufacturing is a new start-up company supplying high end quality Metal and Polymer additive manufacturing production parts to industry sectors such as Aerospace, Land Transport, Space, Defence and Medical.
Based around engineering innovation and aspires of being the best in class for the UK market in the next 5 years.
As a key member to the team, you will join the organisation to contribute towards achieving the goal of becoming a leader in advanced manufacturing globally.
You will be responsible for the successful processing and inspection of components from the AM machines to produce parts and assemblies mainly for the Aerospace, Automotive and medical industries.
- Clean down and preparation of AM machines prior to use
- Post processing and workshop activities on polymer AM parts
- Handwork and assembly of polymer AM parts
- Facilities maintenance
- Ensure we continue to strive for best practice throughout the company
- Adhere to all Health and Safety requirements and perform any other reasonable duties as required
Skills & Attributes:
- Sound engineering knowledge desirable
- Hand tool, workshop or model making skills beneficial, good at working with your hands
- Good time management
- Good understanding of quality requirements & procedures
- Excellent attention to detail
- Facilities maintenance skills desirable (mechanical, electric, plumbing etc.) but not essential
- Understanding of working with materials
- Positive attitude
- Team worker
- Attention to detail
- Working to tight deadlines within a dynamic/busy environment
- Experience in Additive Manufacturing industry is desirable
A strong passion for additive manufacturing/new technologies is desired, demonstrable by either personal projects and or prior work experience.
Have a good understanding of materials and manufacturing processes.
You will be technically minded with a keen eye for detail Competent within MS Office.
Impeccable time management and highly organised.
Understand the importance of KPI-driven performances.
Able to adhere to routine procedures and can take full responsibility for your own actions.
You will be an ambitious individual, able to think outside the box and provide process improvement input as the company continuously seeks to improve product quality and production flow.
Competencies & Experience:
- Experience in an engineering or manufacturing environment
- A team player with great social and communication skills
Hours of Work:
- 8am - 6.30pm (4 days per week)
- Rotating shift (Days only)
- Holiday - 25days
- Company Pension