Shildon, County Durham
£32,000 to £37,500 per annum (OTE of up to £45k)
(£12.00 to £14.00 p/hr + 35% shift premium + OT rate of x1.8hrs on standard hourly rate)
A successful engineering company offering a stable and lucrative career in its machine shop.
We require a CNC Miller – Setter/Operator, to set and operate CNC Machines with Fanuc and/or Heidenhain control systems.
- Setting, and operate 3, 4 & 5 axis CNC mills.
- Manually Deburr and fettle detailed components
- Quality checking own work.
- Troubleshoot and make adjustments to offset coordinates.
- Read and understand technical engineering drawings.
- Be able to read understand CNC programmes, using machine interface
- Using our manufacturing system to be able to check material availability, part requirements, part routings and issue
- Operate within a 5s manufacturing cell environment
Skills and Background:
- Thorough experience in multi axis CNC machine tools milling
- Must be a proactive team player, with a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
- Must be able to setup and operate CNC mill machines.
- Knowledge of Fanuc and/or Heidenhain controls.
- Minimum of 3 years experience post apprenticeship in a similar role.
- Engineering apprenticeship
- HNC/ BTec National Certificate/City and Guilds / NVQ Lv 3
Hours of Work:
- Average of 38 hours per week
- 21 day, 11.5 hour shift cycle – 3 days, 4 off, 4 nights, 6 off, 3 days and 1 off
- £12.00 to £14.00, plus 35% shift premium for all hours worked, plus OT at a rate of x1.3hrs + shift premium = x1.8hrs