CNC Turner - Programmer Setter Operator
£28,000 - £33,000
A precision engineering company based in Hertfordshire, with over 40 years in CNC engineering, is looking for an experienced CNC Turner Setter Operator due to continued growth in customer base and orders.
The company offers excellent working conditions alongside a team of other highly skilled and friendly CNC machinists.
The workload will be interesting and varied, machining small batches for various industry sectors.
- Programming, setting and operating CNC turning machines (lathes).
- Operating manual turning machines (lathes).
- Reading and interpreting engineering drawings.
- Producing small batches - 1offs to 10s off.
- Machining to tight tolerances from engineering drawings, producing parts for various industry sectors (subcontract precision machining).
- Working with various materials.
Skills & Attributes:
- Able to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Previous experience of working in a subcontract machine shop would be ideal.
- CNC Turning (programming, setting & operating) experience.
- Manual turning machines (lathes experience).
- You must take pride in your own work.
- Ability to work together with others in a team environment.
- Ability to program would be desirable but no essential.
Hours of Work:
- 39hrs per week
- £14.00 to £16.50 p/hr
- 7.30am to 4.30pm, Monday to Thursday
- 7.30am to 12.30pm, Friday
- Regular overtime available paid at x1.5hrs over 39hrs p/wk