£30,000 - £33,500 per annum
Established for over 100 years and a global leader in surface and form metrology, who developed the first roundness and surface finish measuring instruments. The company makes up part of a high precision technologies division for a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices with annual sales of approximately $5 billion, serving customers in various industries such as Space, Aerospace, Medical, Automotive and others.
They are now looking for skilled Cylindrical Grinders to join their team of over 100 other skilled engineering professionals, due to continued company growth and expansion.
This role would suit somebody with an extensive background in Cylindrical Grinding and experience working in a precision engineering environment.
* Setting and Operating Cylindrical Grinding machines.
* Reading and interpreting technical drawings.
* Working to tight tolerances.
* Self-inspection of own components (using micrometres, verniers and various gauges).
Skills & Attributes:
* A strong Cylindrical Grinding background.
* Experience operating manual Cylindrical Grinding machines.
* Other forms of Grinding experience such as Surface, CNC or Centreless would be an advantage but not essential.
* Be fully competent in reading and interpreting technical drawings.
* Experience working with tight tolerances.
* Experience on a variety of measuring equipment (micrometres, verniers and various gauges).
* A flexible attitude to work.
Hours of Work:
* 39 hours per week
* 2 shift system (Double days) 6am - 2pm, 2pm - 10pm, Mon - Fri
* £12.50 - £14.00 p/hr + 18% shift premium uplift
* OT available after 39 hours