Long Eaton, Derbyshire
£28,000 - £32,000 per annum + overtime (paid at x1.5hrs after 39hrs per week) + £2k to £3k annual profit related bonus paid monthly
Established for nearly 8 decades with a highly regarded reputation for manufacturing high-end tooling for the pharmaceutical sector are looking for a Cylindrical Grinder to join their team.
This role would suit somebody with a Mechanical Engineering background, relevant qualifications or a CNC Machining experience who is looking to get into Grinding.
* Setting and Operating Cylindrical Grinding machines (manual)
* CNC Grinding experience would be an advantage but not essential
* Reading and interpreting technical drawings
* Working to tight tolerances
* Self-inspection of own components (using micrometres, verniers and various gauges)
Skills & Attributes:
*A strong Cylindrical Grinding background.
* Experience operating manual Cylindrical Grinding machines.
* Surface Grinding experience would be an advantage but not essential.
* Be fully competent in reading and interpreting technical drawings.
* Experience working with tight tolerances.
* Experience on a variety of measuring equipment (micrometres, verniers and various gauges).
* A flexible attitude to work.
* This role would suit somebody with a Mechanical Engineering background, relevant qualifications or a CNC Machining experience who is looking to get into Grinding.
Hours of Work:
* 3 shift system AM/PM/Nights (39 hours per week).
* The starting rate for a skilled Grinder in this position is £12.33 per hour. On successful completion of the 3-month probationary period the hourly rate will increase to £12.98 per hour plus an average of 23% shift premium for this work pattern (18% for AM and PM shifts and 33% for night shift). Rate to be discussed and agreed where training into the role is required.