Robotics (Electrical) Engineer
Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
£28,000 to £30,000 per annum
Now established for over 4 years and the only provider of a total, turnkey solution delivered via a Wire Arc Additive Manufacturing (WAAM) ecosystem that is based on their in-house developed hardware, software, services, and materials, serving various industry sectors such as Aerospace, Energy, Mining and others, are looking for a Robotics (Electronics) Engineer to join their team of skilled engineers due to continued growth of the company.
The role will suit someone looking to progress their career in the 3D Printing/Additive manufacturing space.
- Operation of equipment, both commercial and development.
- Work closely with engineers for process troubleshooting, continuous improvement.
- Performance of experiments and development of applications, in concert with the engineers.
- Program KUKA robots in KRL, assist with software integration on the Cells, configure and modify existing projects, and develop new software and functions on the KUKA controller.
- Ensure CE and UKCA compliance of electrical equipment and electrical conformity of the developed hardware and Cells, including research and specification of requirements of in-house hardware for CE and UKCA compliance and ensure safety of the end user.
- Develop and program an industrial PLC and maintain safety features, including automatic procedures
- Design, program and maintain industrial HMIs.
- Produce electrical specifications and schematics and oversee production of basic control equipment (valves, sensors, motors etc).
- Support the introduction of new manufacturing capability into the workshop.
- Testing of innovative software and hardware solutions.
- Support of machine installation at customer's site.
- Maintain quality results by participating in quality assurance program; review quality control and quality assurance programs; suggest adjustments in policy and procedures; maintain records.
- An understanding of manufacturing processes and construction methods.
- Proficient with CAD and other design software including circuit design and photoshop.
- Experience desirable with 3D CAS: SolidWorks, AutoCAD, Pro Engineer, CATIA V5, Unigraphics NX.
- Previous experience with Robotic Operations (Machine Cell Operations).
- Relevant manufacturing/engineering degree preferred.
- Be independent and able to research and procure items as well as learn new software and programming languages and strategies
- Knowledgeable in some technical areas of the group's scope (Wire Arc Additive Manufacturing), or having demonstrated ability to achieve a high level of proficiency in a short period of time
- An excellent grasp of engineering and design principles.
- Background in 3D Printing/Additive manufacturing.
- Membership of an industry related Professional Body would be advantageous.
- Experience with Robotic Welding.
Hours of Work:
- 40hrs per week
- £13.50 - £14.50 p/hr
- 8am to 5.00pm, Monday to Thursday, 8am to 1:00pm, Friday (flexible working hours can be considered).
- Overtime available after contracted 40hrs, paid at x1.333 over 2 hours and 1.5x over 5 hours.